Monday 7 June 2010

Raaaawwwwwww!!!!


Hi guys.....I've had the day off work today. Soooo good! Today has been good for several reasons

- I found some sprouted ground flax in the health food store :-)
- I had a great workout with a great friend
- I painted my toenails pink

- I had a monster raw sesh in the kitchen :-)

- I read some of Kate Magic's "Raw Magic".....
.......and drumroll.....my buckwheat sprouted!! :-)

Yes I know I'm sad, simple pleasures and all, but after a few sprouting issues, my first successful batch of buckwheat sprouts are now sitting in the dehydrator. Buckwheaties here I come!

A pretty good day so far :-) Anyway, like I said, I had a pretty fab un-cooking session using my new found sprouted flax powder. I consulted one of my fave sites, http://www.coxetersfayre.co.uk/ and decided to try Laura's super-sounding layer loaf. I made a 3-layer loaf with the following ingredients

Layer 1 - broccoli, garlic, spinach, chives, ground flax
Layer 2 - red bell pepper, chilli, garlic, sundried tomatoes, ground flax
Layer 3 - beetroot, ground flax
As suggested, I topped with thinly sliced mushroom, mixed seeds and gojis. It smells lovely!
I also made a concious decision to drink more today. In "Raw Magic" Kate says we should drink lots! Therefore I'm glugging my way through my second bottle of water and can hear the chai tea calling!
I hope you are all well and having a lovely day, wherever in he world you may be :-)
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your success with sprouting. It is fun isn't?

    This reminds me I need to paint my toenails ;)

    Pure2Raw Twins

    ReplyDelete