Sunday 13 June 2010

Christmas comes early!


Hey there! I can't believe it's Sunday night again....well actually Monday morning! How time flies. I hope you've all had a great weekend.
I've had a lovely day. I had a great workout this morning, a gym session followed by the best aerobics class ever! It was brill!
After that I was buzzing so decided to use my new found energy to tackle the shops and hunt out some holiday clothing. I usually hate holiday shopping - I know - strange for a girl - but today I loved it! I had so much fun trying on new things :-)
I also finished the mince pies that I started a few days ago. I know it's not christmas yet but I saw the recipe on www.coxetersfayre and thought my boyfriend would love them. He could eat mince pies all year round! I haven't had one yet but I've tasted the filling and it's delicious :-)
I made a few modifications to the recipe:
Crusts:
- ground buckwheaties
- soaked and dehydrated cashews ground into a flour
- leftovers nut pulp from almond and sesame mylks
- raw honey
Fill silicone moulds with the mixture, and dehydrate overnight
Filling
-raisins
- gojis
- juice of 1 orange
- juice of 1 lemon
- peel of 1 orange
- lots of cinammon!
leave for all the fruit to absorb the juice and fill the cases with the delightful mixture once they are removed from the dehydrator :-)
Just been painting....feel so relaxed now.
Goodnight everyone xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I love making little pies. Yours look delicious. I especially love mince pies, and could eat them year round too. Actually, any pie... I have a major sweet tooth.

    When you mentioned Kate Magic's book in your comment it reminded me that I need to get a copy of it. I've heard great things. Hopefully I'll make that the next addition to my book collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww those pies look delicious. What a chef you are and how thoughtful to make something for your BF ;)

    Pure2Raw Twins

    ReplyDelete