Wednesday 26 January 2011

Comfort Food :-)

Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! That may involve dragging herself outta bed really early to wash her hair because she couldn't be bothered the night before. Sometimes it's rushing around the house doing a mad cleanup because mum called to say she was on her way. Sometimes it's just sitting in your PJs, eating beans on toast :-) That's what I did tonight. Baked beans on wholemeal with a side salad to get my veggie quota filled. Perfect comfort food after a super long day at work.

I've been thinking a lot about veganism lately. I've been wanting to try it out again. Go the whole hog and veganise my life. It's something I believe in. It's something that fills me with happiness, positivity and energy. I've done it before. I lasted 6 weeks before I succumbed to some cheese. Yes, cheese is the problem. I really enjoy it - it's the reason that I have remained as a veggie since the age of 6. Cheese.

I think the trouble is that here in the UK, all our cheese substitutes taste like used gym socks. They barely melt and leave a horrible aftertaste. I need a good cheese substitute!

Anyone recommend a good vegan cheese in the UK?
Much love xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment